Small Business Articles

Home Inspector E&O Insurance: Cost & General Info

Picture this: You’re performing a home inspection and miss a problem with the electrical system. The buyer goes through with the purchase, learns that correcting the problem will cost $6,500, and sues you to pay for that expense. Compare that amount to the home inspector insurance cost for your business, and you’ll see that it definitely makes sense to have coverage.

Real Estate Agent Insurance: What You Need to Know

As a real estate agent or agency owner, it’s crucial that you have proper insurance coverage for your business. There are a number of policies—what might collectively be called “real estate agent insurance” [link to real estate industry page]—that you need to protect your business from the high cost of liability and losses. That’s because your business faces many risks, including incidents like:

Do I Need Errors and Omissions Insurance?

Small business owners who provide professional advice or services often ask, “Do I need errors and omissions insurance?” The answer in virtually all cases is, “Yes, you do.” Errors and omissions insurance (sometimes written as E&O or E and O insurance) is professional liability insurance that protects businesses from claims by clients that the company’s employees made a mistake or neglected certain required actions.